Manual Milling Class
This class focuses on using the Rong-Fu 45 Vertical Mill as well as a lot of other tools (DO-All Bandsaw, Sandblaster, Belt Sander, and grinder). It is a required prerequisite for the Tormach class. Each student will leave the class with a key chain made in the class.
Please review the how to indicate a vise and the climb vs conventional milling video located at the link below before the class.
- Parts of the Mill
- How to indicate a vise
- How to calculate proper machine RPM
- Difference between climb and conventional milling
- How to square a part
- How to layout a semi precise part with Dykem fluid and calipers
- How to center drill, drill, and counter bore
- How to mill a pocket
- How to use the Do-All Band-saw
- How to use the sandblaster
- How to make a leather insert on the Laser
Find upcoming sessions in the Class Schedule