Rong Fu RF-45 Mill
The RF-45 is a 1hp gearhead mill/drill with an R8 spindle and Acu-Rite Vue 2x DRO. It's used for accurately machining/drilling metals and other materials.
Members must complete the Manual Milling Class before using this tool
- 1hp main motor with 6 geared spindle speeds
- Tilting head (90º left, 30º right)
- 130mm (~5") quill stroke
- 820mm×240mm (~32"x9.5") table
- X travel 520mm (~25.5") with power feed
- Y travel 210mm (~8")
- 4" vise
- 6" manual HV rotary table with tail stock and dividing plates
We have an imperial R8 collet set for tool shanks up to 7/8". We always recommend advanced users bring their own cutting tools, but we strive to keep an assortment of tools on hand for members to use.
The RF45 has recommended capacities in mild steel of 3/4" for end milling and 1-1/2" for drilling.
We're currently in the process of inventorying and refreshing our mill tooling. Please check back later for details.
This tool is owned by Asmbly Makerspace for the use of its members. Please contact the workshop committee if maintenance is required.